We left pretty late on Sunday, it was around 5:30 when we finally got on I-80. So we didn’t pull into the Campground in Ashland Virginia until 12:30-1am.
- I finished the toe on my 1st mini-van sock, I still have to cast on for its mate.
- We stocked up on groceries and other things that we needed for the trailer at the Super Wal-mart in Richmond.
- Went swimming at the pool at the campground. It was 101 degree’s Fahrenheit, and humid!
- updated 7/15 got locked out of the bathroom of the trailer. Which there is no key for. My library card and a steak knife saved the day.
- Went back to the damned Wal-mart. Cause there was more stuff that we needed for the trailer.
- Went swimming at the pool at the campground. Still hot and humid out.
- Went to the Children’s Museum of Richmond
- and had a TON of fun! There was a large model of a stomach that you could crawl though and it burped! hehe. The kids wouldn’t crawl through it. Sissy’s! There was a pretend grocery store and cafe where the kids shopped for groceries and cooked up pretend meals. A good way to teach them how to make good food choices. (It aggravates me to no end that the school system is trying to teach my kids that all treats are bad no matter how much you have. I think sweets are ok in moderation.) The kids LOVED the tree playhouse, the clock tower, the shadow play room, and the Learning Garden outside. I wish we lived closer or we had a museum like this! best $28 I’ve ever spent!
- got horribly lost in Richmond following my own crappy directions trying to find the yarn lounge. I gave up, and tried to find my way back to I-195. Got horribly lost (again) Called Mike when I freaked out. While I was trying to find what street I was on found an on ramp to I-195. Dope!
- Went swimming at the pool at the campground. Wasn’t quite as humid this day.
- Had super yummy Pizza hut pizza.
- packed up the camper and the mini-van to go home.
- Went swimming at the pool at the campground.
- Wished I left later (5/6pm) because I hit the freaking traffic on the beltway. URGH! (The traffic doesn’t seem to be as bad after 7pm)
- Had dinner at Cracker Barrel in Haggerstown Maryland.
- Smiled while one more person said “you’ve got your hands full.” Really what is the best way to respond to this? I know I have my hands full, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Arrived home around 11:00pm.
oh, how I wish we could have stayed one more day! But Mike was heading 3 hours South for a few days and that would have made our trip home wayyy to long! Our house seems soo much bigger after staying in the camper. I’m already thinking and planning our next trip! I want to see the desert, but I think that trip should wait until October or November. The farthest West I’ve been is Indianapolis, Indiana when Mike drove truck for TMC. My kids love to travel, they enjoy the adventure and so do I!